Monday, July 30, 2012

There's a Peace I've Come to Know


This summer I've learned the peace that God can give.

Part of the song, I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin:
"There's a peace I've come to know, though my heart and flesh may fail. There's an anchor for my soul. I can say it is well. Jesus has overcome and the grave is overwhelmed. The victory is won. He is risen from the dead. And I will rise when he calls my name. No more sorrow. No more pain." 
along with Psalm 73, specifically verses 23-28, have given me comfort and peace.

"23 Yet I am always with you;
    you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

27 Those who are far from you will perish;
    you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
28 But as for me, it is good to be near God.
    I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;
    I will tell of all your deeds."


No matter what is wrong I truly can say it is well.

I had/have something wrong. I only had one symptom. I felt fine but there was something that was not normal. I google searched to find out what could possibly be wrong and I made a doctor's appointment. After the first appointment, some of those possibilities were confirmed. After the second appointment the possibilities were confirmed again. Best case, worst case was irritation, cancer. While waiting for the third appointment, the one that would give the most information, I had two weeks to think about these possibilities but I was never really worried. I honestly thought, "cancer, that's cool." (Clarification: cool as in I'm okay with that, I can deal with it.  Not cool as in awesome, fun, yeah!). The whole time I just felt peaceful about whatever the results would be.

Third appointment ruled out the worst case scenario. It gave a diagnosis. Fourth appointment, to draw blood which will I think confirm diagnosis. Fifth appointment will be later this week to give me the low down and officially confirm diagnosis.

Whatever it is I'm okay. I have the peace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment