Saturday, May 5, 2012

Old Pak



Our last day in our first village in SE Asia we met with this guy. I never knew his name so I referred to him as old pak. Pak because that is how you refer to men older than yourself, the equivalent of using Mr. in English. Old because, well, he was old.

   

 Our national partner shared the Gospel with him. To our understanding he accepted the message of the Gospel. J came to pick us up later that day and met with Old Pak, along with a pastor. He explained again what we shared with him and shared the Gospel with Old Pak's neighbors and family. 


Yesterday I did some searching on Google Maps trying to find the places we stayed at and visited in this village. I was unsuccessful at that but I also searched for orphanages in that village and found some websites for the one by his house that he helped at. He passed away in February. Rest in Peace Old Pak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment