Monday, March 21, 2011

Made in Indonesia

While I was going through my junk drawer I found a bracelet. One of those Admit, Believe, Confess bracelets you get at VBS. I think I got it in 5th or 6th grade. I never wore it but never had the heart to throw it away either. I mean it is a nice bracelet, leather with a little design on it. Thus it found its way into the junk drawer beside the likes of keychains, leis, a skydancer (remember those), some yarn dolls, enough lanyards for a small army, and an assortment of other items.

Well, as I pull it out these many years later I notice on the back a Made in Indonesia sticker... Really? Of all places, Indonesia. I'm not complaining; Indonesia holds a special place in my heart.

As I think about the bracelet, though, I realize that whoever made it probably has no idea what it means. And that is heartbreaking. How many bracelets saying Admit, Believe, Confess has this person made. How many people have had a hand in the making of bracelets like this not having any idea what it says or more importantly what it means and the Truth in it.

I decided all those years ago, back when Indonesia meant nothing to me, to hold on to this made in Indonesia bracelet. Finding it now is like yet again another confirmation about the coming summer. I hope as I wear this bracelet it will be a reminder to pray for the people of Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment