Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summer is Coming to an End


While at Glorieta this past week I was sitting outside the cabin one evening and the reality set in that school was about to start. I’d get home, have a week, and then school starts. Really I don’t even have a week because 3 days of that week will be filled with grad school and comd department orientation.

As I reflect on this summer, I can’t help but think it kind of sucked. Yes, it did have good moments, but it was just that, moments. Among all those moments were the constant days of raining, numerous doctor’s appointments, boredom, and lack of productivity.

I can’t ignore those good moments, though, so I must mention them. Monday nights with the BCM were nice and brought me and Kelsea closer which led to a girl’s night with her and Meredith. That night was also I believe the only true all-nighter I’ve pulled as a college student. We didn’t go to bed until 6:00am!

I got to travel to the exciting places of Houma, La and Wesson, MS! OK, so maybe the places aren’t that exciting but it was nice to visit with friends, Lana and Jessica.

I hoped to be able to go to Massachusetts to visit Sarah but unfortunately that didn’t work out. It’s okay that that did not work out because I got to visit with her anyway! She and Chris were at Glorieta. What a blessing it was to be able to spend time catching up with Sarah!

So, like I said, the summer did have its good moments, not all of it was bad. Overall, I feel that it was wasted, though, and that’s precisely what I don’t want- to look back on my summer and see that it was wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment