Monday, August 16, 2010

Soularium

At Glorieta, in the Peace from the Past, Mark Robinson (the guy leading the breakout seminar) mentioned Soularium. He passed the cards around and had us choose one. He briefly explained how they are used but we never really did anything with them. Apparently there are 5 questions you ask about the image. I didn't know what these questions were until a few minutes ago when I looked Soularium up online. So I didn't exactly answer the questions but here is the image I chose and what I have to say about it:

(Image from Soularium)

The door is beaten, old, weathered. It isn't in perfect condition. But it is still beautiful. There is a chain on the door. It is locked. Something is behind the doors. Something hidden. Something secret. With a key the doors can be opened.

How does this relate to me?

I'm not perfect. I've been knocked around, beaten down (not literally, I've never been abused in any way). Sin. The sin I keep locked inside of me. Hidden from the world. The sin is what has beaten me down. However, there is still beauty in me (I'm not talking physical beauty). There is good with in me. That good is Christ. Christ who holds the key to unchain me from this sin. He doesn't just hold the key, He is the key. When I allow Him into my life I have freedom from this sin.




No comments:

Post a Comment