Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Africa- Review

21+ hours flying
7 hour time difference
4 missionaries
9 students
3 weeks
11 decisions made for Christ
1 great and awesome God


In the end it was a great trip and there is no doubt in my mind that God was at work there. A question I've gotten multiple times is Africa or Indonesia? I definitely know I want to continue doing mission work. I don't know where God is calling me to do this work though. In my mind I'm like there's got to be somewhere, that one place where I'll go and I'll just know this is it, this is where the Lord wants to use me. This is my place. I don't feel that either place has been that. But I also don't think I necessarily need to have one place. Where the Lord calls I will go. So Africa or Indonesia? I really like what we did in Africa having the youth meetings and just having deep conversations with them. It was amazing. But I miss the kids in Indonesia like crazy. So if I had to choose one it'd be Indonesia just because I want to see the kids again. However, if I do ever get the chance to go back to Indonesia I wouldn't want it to be just so I could see the kids. I'd want to be going because I really do have a passion to do what ever work is needed over there. Spending two months with the kids in Indonesia relationships were built. That was a large part of this trip to Africa building relationships. I don't feel like I built any relationships with anyone in South Africa though. This is a little upsetting but even though I didn't build any relationships I don't feel anything was done in vain and God did reveal stuff to me. Though I did not build relationships with anyone there I did build incredible relationships with some of my teammates. Maybe it is best this way. The teammates came back with me. I didn't have to go through saying hard, sad goodbyes to the people in Upington like the kids in Indonesia. And just because I didn't build any relationships doesn't mean I won't remember and pray the people of Upington.


Just a some random unimportant things that I found memorable:
"Ladies..."
"Guarding the wagon, guarding the wagon"
kosa
red viennas
"Cliche!"
MWA or MAW
"Africa's catching up"
"Radishes, radishes barely even human"
"6 foot, 7 foot, 8 foot BUNCH!"

No comments:

Post a Comment