Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's Been a Good Week

Last Friday on my way to work I was thinking. Yesterday when everybody asked how my week was or how work was all I did is complain. Yes, I am being honest about it but who really wants to hear about how unhappy someone else is. So, I decided it's no fun for others to have to hear about how unhappy I am, and it's certainly no fun for me to be so unhappy. I must find a way to be happy with this job. Something to make my weeks good. This week has proved to be a good week. I just needed that little something something to make each day special.

Monday I went to the BCM. I got to see a few friends and have free lunch. Then I got to enjoy laying on the parade ground and digging into the Word. I wish I could have stayed out there a lot longer but, alas, I did have to leave and go to work.

Tuesday the Jefferson College Ministry provided food to the FCA at LSU. I went there straight from work. I really enjoyed it. Marla and her husband (I can't remember his name), who are in charge of the FCA, talked about relationships.

Wednesday, my long 12 hour day, I wasn't sure how to make it a good day. I'm with the first client for so long on Wednesdays so I decided we should go somewhere because that would take up more time. We went to the LSU Museum of Natural Science and to see Mike the Tiger. Mike, of course, was sleeping. I hadn't been to the museum in so many years so that was nice. And just simply being on campus during the day surrounded by people was great!

Thursdays I always have TNT that I look forward to. Although, I must admit I didn't enjoy it as much as usual. Not because of TNT itself but because of me. I was so tired and had had a headache since before I went.

Friday nothing to special happened. I needed to ask to switch some of my hours around for 3 days. I was kind of afraid to ask. I opened my planner and just sat with it in my lap for at least five minutes trying find the words to use. It was a success though! I got the hours for two Mondays switched and the Friday that I was asking if I could leave about an hour early she told me I could go ahead and just take the day off!

So it was a good work week. Then tonight I went to my first baseball game. LSU v. Michigan. Robbie, Charles, J, Hayden, and I had supper at Mellow Mushroom and the went to the game. It was fun but a little boring too. There's not a lot of action in baseball.

Hopefully next week can be just as a good a week as this one was.

No comments:

Post a Comment