Sunday, February 19, 2012

She Let Herself Go

*post was originally started on 12/12/11. Just now finishing it on 02/19/12. New addition in bold.*

I let myself go. No, not in the George Strait song kind of way. Cyber Monday sales got me. I was doing some Christmas shopping on Amazon and had also conveniently got an email from Amazon about their Cyber Monday book sale. One or two books turned into seven .
  • Every Young Woman's Battle
  • Every Woman's Battle
  • Passion and Purity
  • Lady in Waiting
  • I Kissed Dating Goodbye
  • Boy Meets Girl
  • Sex is Not the Problem, Lust is.

I felt a little ridiculous after ordering all those but all those books and a couple of other items and it was about $55, that's the total with the shipping. A pretty good deal. But still why did I buy so many relationship/purity books!?

I still don't know what came over me with this purchase. I for once wasn't wanting to be in a relationship. I was in a pretty good place of just enjoying life, no crushes. I had previously read Every Young Woman's Battle and wanted to get it for myself. Books were on sale so sure, I'll get that one. But I'm growing up, not a teenager anymore, might as well get Every Woman's Battle too. I read someone else's blog and they raved about how good Passion and Purity is. I'm not sure how the others got in there. Amazon started suggesting books. The last three listed are by the same author, so I guess I felt like I needed the collection. Although, I'm pretty sure he has more.

Now I will finally start reading them. Maybe (big maybe) I'll post reviews or thoughts I about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment