Thursday, November 18, 2010

Praying

So I'd been kinda out of prayer mode lately. Tuesday night I started praying about sometihng that was heavy on my mind. Indonesia. Yes, I have prayed for and about Indonesia many times before but not lately.

I really want to go to college week in Glorieta. The Lord worked so much in my life this past summer at Glorieta and it was so great. However, the dates that we would be going to Indonesia would overlap the dates of Glorieta so I wouldn't be able to go. My best friend's wedding is July 16 so I wouldn't be able to leave for Indonesia until the 17. Staying for 4 weeks would put getting back around the 13 or 14 of August. Glorieta is the 7-11. So I'd miss it by 1 week. So, Tuesday night I was praying about the whole dates thing and for it all to work out according to God's will. I don't remember exactly word for word what I was praying but it was along those lines and just that I'd be okay with having to sacrifice going to Glorieta.

Wednesday evening I get a text from that best friend who is getting married and it said the wedding is like 90% chance getting moved up a week. I looked at a calendar and I was just at a loss for words. That would put the wedding on July 9. Allowing me to leave the 10th, stay four weeks and fly into New Mexico for Glorieta on the 7th of August. I got so excited. I was laughing with excitement.I couldn't contain it; I had to tell someone. I sent a text to a few friends with a cliff notes version of it and included 1 John 5:14-15 "14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him."

I wasn't expecting an answer so soon. Really I wasn't expecting anything with the dates to change. I realize nothing is set in stone. I still may not be able to go to Glorieta. The dates for Indonesia might stay the same. It was just the wonderment of seeing my prayer answered so soon and unexpectedly. God is good,so good, I should know this by now. I shouldn't doubt Him or pray without expectation.



Drifting from what I was talking about to something else but still somewhat related. "Never let your prayin knees get lazy." That's a line from Love Like Crazy by Lee Brice. My right knee is bruised from TLCT soldier practice. I know this is kind of random but I was thinking about that one knee being bruised. Then I started thinking about this song lyric. And together they got me thinking about how I'd been neglecting prayer. Not just my right knee should be bruised. They should both be bruised. Bruised from spending so much time on them in prayer. Okay so maybe I would prefer to not really have any bruises but you get the picture. I need to be praying more.



Final thing. Can't say it ties in. It doesn't have to do with prayer; although, it is something I need to be praying about. Tonight JJ of Nehemiah Teams spoke at the B. It was great to meet him! Something he said really got me though. It was something like how many of us are willing to go but planning to stay. I was like man you got me. That is pretty much exactly what I've been telling myself and doing. I'm willing to go but I'm planning on staying. I've said that I don't see myself in the mission field single, by myself. If I get married and my husband feels called to international missions I'd be willing to go. I wouldn't have a problem with that. But in the mean time I've just been planning to stay. Which I guess this also goes back to me needing to be okay with my singleness. I just need to have more talks with the Lord and trust in Him.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I say the same thing about not being single and going out on the mission field [and I don't even want to get married, lol]. But it's true; I definitely think I have a trust issue too. It's funny how comfortable we expect to be, even out of our comfort zones. Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely convicted too!!
    -Liz Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: I tried following your blog, but it won't let me.. which is weird. It says the URI request is too large.. What does that even mean!?

    ReplyDelete