Saturday, June 19, 2010

Africa- Rosedale: Adults

There are 4 main women in the church in Rosedale: Dinah, Sandra, Debra and Lena. (I think there might be a 5th, Willis, but I never met her). They are wonderful women. Before we left we were each assigned one of them as our prayer partner. We got to meet them for the first time on a Thursday night at prayer meeting. It was dark when we arrived and we were just about to sit down when Dinah tells us wait, don't sit down, I want to meet my prayer partner. Who's Emily. I happened to be standing right in front of her. I said that's me and was enveloped in the biggest, loving hug. At prayer meeting that night everybody shared whatever prayer requests they had and Mrs. Liz wrote them down. Then we prayed for each requests one by one as Mrs. Liz read them out. Everybody praying out loud at one time. Then we sang some songs, Blessed is the Name of the Lord and we were introduced to the song The Power of God (don't know the actual title). The Power of God became our go to song to sing everywhere. (lyrics below). Something that really stuck out to me at the prayer meeting was when one of the ladies had a praise/prayer requests. A family member was back together with their husband and were working on their problems and came to visit her together. What sticks out about that to me is that lady who said this said we've been praying for this and God brought them back together. God fixed their relationship.

Dinah and me

On a Tuesday while the rest of the group went prayer walking Tiffany, Whitney, Mrs. Liz and I went to have a Bible study with Dinah. Mrs. Liz is studying through Ephesians with her. It was a good time of Bible study and I got to share my testimony with her. Then when we finished with the Bible study we had some good fellowship with her just talking.

We had a ladies' tea with the Rosedale ladies one day. Lindsay lead a discussion about Esther. For the ladies at the tea there were parcels (treat bags) which we put a Bible verse in each one. We went around the group and each lady read their verse. Mariana encouraged us to really pray about the verses we put in each bag. It was incredible as they went around the circle and read the verse and discussed it and then they each said how much that verse spoke to them. How it was just what they needed to hear.

We also prayer walked in Rosedale. The first time that the group went prayer walking, whileI was at Dinah's, some of them talked to a woman Magdalene, who accepted Christ. Amen! The next time we went prayer walking it was just the girls, I don't remember where the guys were that day. Debra had couple of people she wanted us to go visit. At the first house was an elderly lady, Caroline, who was blind. Mariana began talking to her in Afrikans. Then Caroline accepted Christ. Amen! We prayed for her, for the new sister in Christ and that the Lord would heal her her eyes. the next house we went to was a lady named Maria. Mariana, what an amazing lady she is, takes out a container of glasses and starts giving Maria glasses to try on until she found a pair that helped her to read so that she could read her Bible.

Caroline with Mariana
(Megan's photo)


Mariana helping Maria find the right pair of glasses so she can read.
(Megan's photo)

Here is just a little bit about some of the ladies:

Dinah- Dinah has two youth sons, Sergio and JimLee, and two young children, a daughter
CarlyAnn and a son who went by Racky.

Lena- Lena has 4 children. A son who is either the oldest or second oldest who doesn't know Christ and three daughters Suzie, Enna, and Amor who now all know Christ. Church was held in Lena's yard.

Debra- I don't know home many children Debra has but I know for sure of one son Amor. Youth meetings, the youth boys' Bible study, and youth church are held in Debra's yard.

Sandra- I don't really know anything about Sandra's family. I do know Sandra is very generous and made us some Sandra cakes one than once and Sandra soup. All of which were delicious!

Lena, John, Debra, Sergio, Sandra, Liz, Dinah, CarlyAnn, JimLee
(photo from John & Liz)



The Power of God


The power of God (ooh ooh)
Is moving around the world
The power of God (ooh ooh)
Is moving around the world

Can you feel it?
Yes, I feel it.
Can you feel it?
Yes, I feel it.

The power. The power.
The P, the O, the W, the E and the R.
The power. The power. (The pow wow wow wow wow wow wow the power)

I feel it in my hands.
I feel it in my feet.
I feel in in the air.
I feel it everywhere.

The power.

No comments:

Post a Comment