Thursday, April 22, 2010

Why are you coming?

I probably shouldn't post this now with how I'm feeling and with how tired I am. It's just been one of those days, and not that it was a bad day, just a "one of those days" kind of days. I just want to sleep.

I don't get why some people come to TNT. People who come and don't pay attention to anything that is being said. People who come and whisper to their friend all throughout the message. This is something I've heard not just tonight but other nights as well. People in front of me, behind me, on the side of me, where ever they might be. Why are you coming?

I mean yes it is good to fellowship with other believers but do so in the appropriate time and place not when you are disturbing others who are trying to listen to the Word. Others who are there to praise the Lord and to learn more about Him. I know I am far from perfect and there are times at TNT when I question, why am I here? I am not immune to going with wrong motives. Tonight I found myself really having to pray to not make my focus be on people there, who I'd said hi to, who I wanted to still say hi to but that my focus would be on God.

This really isn't even just a TNT thing. It's a class thing too. Why do some people come to class if they aren't going to pay attention but whisper the whole time. Like I said it's been one of those kind of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment