Thursday, January 21, 2010

Haiti is in my prayers

Tonight God has really placed a burden in my heart for Haiti. As my friends who were just there (or have been before) have said Haiti already had practically nothing, they were already suffering, they were at zero before and now they're below that. Quoting Norman's note, which he read tonight, "If there was a place where the devil vacationed I would say it was Haiti." Haiti is the devil's play place. I think about all the people who just died not knowing the Lord. All the thousands who were lost and now it's too late. Just take a moment to think about that and what it means. When I thought about this and it sunk in I wanted to start crying. I mean when you really grasp that it breaks my heart. I've never been to Haiti but I still hurt for the people there, the people who are lost, whose lives were bad before and now it's unimaginable (even more so than before) to me how they are living, surviving. And I think how worthless our money is if there is no one to go. No one to share Christ with them. Yes our money can help get them supplies they need, shelter, food, water, medical attention, but our money won't get them Christ. Our money might help save their physical life but it won't save their soul. I'm not advocating not giving because I certainly feel if we are able to give something, anything, we should but there's so much more that they need. Haiti is heavily in my prayers tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment