Sunday, January 17, 2010

just some thoughts

So, when I first started this blog I was just going to post about songs and those aha! moments when I hear them. When I really get the meaning of them or I take something from it. But I've got more to say then just talking about songs. Also, songs aren't the Scripture. Yes, some of them, many of them, are inspired by Scripture but I can't take them for the actual word.

So tonight in church an elderly man asked the usual, "How are you?" during the 'say hey to someone around you' time. I responded with the normal expected answer, "I'm good. How are you?" To which he replied, "I'm good. No, actually I'm not good."... Oh.... Um. What do you say to that? In the couple of seconds I'm processing thinking how to respond he continues (and I don't remember his exact words but they were right along these lines). "I'm not good because the Bible says, 'No one is good, no not one'." I was relieved he said that and is indeed doing alright but he gave me something new to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment