Monday, September 7, 2009

no song this time

Saturday I has a strong feeling of missing the children from the village, Trans. All of a sudden, I don't know why I even started thinking about the village, but I thought about Nona and the other children and started missing them. Nan, content just sitting quietly by me at the well holding my towel while I waited for the shower stall thing. Nona, being with us practically all the time (I mean we were at her family's house after all) and teaching her to play slide. Nan and Nona chattering away while the others slept and I read, saying all our names and where we're from then doing my hair for me. Afebi and her sweet smile. Carmalita, the first time we met her she gave such an almost mean kind of look and would scoot farther from us each time we got closer. Then at the beach when she took my ponytail out to get the sand out my hair, she really went to work at it too. Emila, that scared look she usually had, but she finally gave me a high five, and then held my hand and said my name one day. Even Efri, with his "sticky fingers". And all the rest. It wasn't helped by me putting all the pictures I got printed into albums today and yesterday.


Nona



Emila and another girl



a beautiful darling



Nan and Afebi


? and Efri


boys at the beach


kids hanging around our house


I just love this picture. This is from our first night in the village.


"Da." The final goodbye.


I could post so many more pictures but I won't get carried away and wills top with these.






No comments:

Post a Comment