Monday, February 11, 2013

A Few Quotes

I will soon (hopefully) get around to an update on life. I have lots to say. In the meantime, as I'm taking a break from school stuff, I'll try to declutter my desktop and all the post-its I have open on it. These are just quotes I've been making note of for the past several months. For most of them I can still recall who posted them, when, and where. 

"Let's be the generation that closes the 10/40 window through prayer and commissioning. Pray for salvations. Give your life away. Go for the sake of the Gospel. 
All Peoples, All Nations." 
Cameron posted that on facebook. I actually don't recall when. I only met him once, half way around the world in SE Asia, and coincidentally we both went to South Africa in the same summer but at slightly different times. He did meet and work with people from the LSU BCM when he was in South Africa. Small world! He has such a huge heart for missions and if I'm not mistaken he has applied to be a journey man. Definitely a reminder and a challenge in his post. 

"The tomb is empty. The throne is occupied."
That was retweeted by Norman several months ago.  Such short statements but so powerful.


"The Son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God."
"Once in our world, a stable had something in it that was bigger than our whole world."
Both C.S. Lewis quotes posted on facebook by Brett near Christmas. That's probably a prime example of you don't ever know who actually reads what you post. These just leave me humbled and in awe of God.

"Don't be afraid to let things get awkward. It means you're being real and vulnerable and creating relationships with depth."
"The right relationship won't distract you away from God, but attract you to God." 
"Let's all stop concentrating on trying to find the right one and start asking God to mold us into the right one."
All three are tweets or tumblr posts from Coleen York. I love reading her posts.  Her post always seem to have a way of challenging and encouraging at the same time.  I may hang onto what she says a little too much though. I have multiple times references something in one of her posts or shared posts with friends.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment