Thursday, September 27, 2012

Missions Night at the BCM

Last night at TNT was missions night. It was a bit unconventional. We sat on the floor and were divided guys and girls. Instead of a message being spoken out loud it was silent, displayed on powerpoint slides.

Sitting on the floor reminded me of an experience in SouthEast Asia. You can read about that here.  The silence makes since because there are many countries all over the world that don't have the freedom to speak about Christ, and they have to meet in secret. I didn't understand why really we were separated into guys and girls until I began typing this post. That's when I remembered going to church in Louisvalweg in South Africa. The men sat on the right and the women on the left.

After the silent message students gave testimonies about where and what they did this past summer. It was different not going anywhere this summer. I've realized I've learned a lot though, and experienced immense spiritual growth this summer. And recently I've also been thinking about what missions looks like at home, or what it should look like. I'll leave those for other posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment