Thursday, April 26, 2012

I am the Prize

What's wrong with being single? Nothing. Lately, though,  it seems others are more interested in me having a relationship than I am. That's not to say I wouldn't like a relationship but I don't want to be the one pursuing. I want to be pursued. It'll happen in God's timing.

Sunday morning I came home from church and my dad says "I need to talk to you." What'd I do? "Someone called for you. It sounded like a young guy. Here's the number." He sounded kind of excited that a guy was calling me. However, he should realize a few things: 1) It showed up on the caller id as Public Survey, 2) I don't give the home number to anybody, 3) Any guy that would be calling me (especially one to be excited about) would know I'm at church during that time.

Today my morning client's dad started asking me about guys...again. I told him briefly about the LSU Hunger Games over the weekend. He asked if I found a prize, and the way he asked it it was obvious he was referring to a guy. Then he proceeded to ask me about firemen, would I be interested in a fireman.

I got to thinking after he asked me if I found a prize, what if I'm not looking for a prize? No, I'm not looking for a prize rather I am the prize waiting to be found. Yeah. That's the way I like to think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment