Wednesday, March 31, 2010

life lately (in songs & scripture)

"If shame had a face I think it would kind of look like mine. If it had a home would it be here in my eyes. Would you believe me if I said I'm tired of this. Well here we go now one more time... You better believe that I'm trying to beat this...So when will this end, it goes on and on, over and over and over again, Keep spinning around I know that this won't stop, Till I step down from this for good." *

"You were as I, tempted and tried, human." *

"I hear the Savior say, "Thy strength indeed is small; Child of weakness watch and pray, Find in me thine all in all." *

"You are my strength when I am weak...Taking my sin, my cross, my shame, Rising again I bless Your name, You are my all in all, When I fall down You pick me up." *

"When we feel there's no hope, You are. When we forget You're near, You are. When we chase the created, trading truth for a lie, You patiently proved Your worth unchanged, unchanged." * *

"You saved me, though not by what I've done... You are Jesus the Christ, my hope for life...I don't deserve this, no I never could have earned this." * *

"You give me joy that's unspeakable." *



I kinda wanted to leave this post as is. No explanation. But alas, I can't let it be without at least a brief explanation. These are only a line or two from songs (the whole songs are worth looking at, hence the links) that pretty much sum up my life/ thoughts in the past week, not even quite a week. You could say it's been quite a week.

Even Jesus was tempted. Luke 4:1-13. So many verses to go along with all these. Here are just a few that I've been reflecting on: Romans 8:1-17, Galatians 5:16-26 , Colossians 3:1-10. I've been living in Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians.

No comments:

Post a Comment