Sunday, October 11, 2009

May the Words of my Mouth

Hearing what some people were saying at the LSU v. Florida game brought this song to my mind.

May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart

Bless Your name, bless Your name, Jesus
And the deeds of the day and the truth in my ways
Speak of You, speak of You, Jesus

For this is what I'm glad to do
It's time to live a life of love that pleases You
And I will give my all to You
Surrender everything I have and follow You
I'll follow You

Lord, will You be my vision, Lord, will You be my guide
Be my hope, be my light and the way
And I'll look not for riches, nor praises on earth
Only You'll be the first of my heart

I will follow
I will follow
I will follow You

"May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart, Bless Your name, bless Your name Jesus." There were certainly words being said that weren't blessing His name. Being in the student section I'm not surprised at all to hear some of the things I hear. I just don't understand how some people don't hear how ignorant and stupid the sound sometimes. And immature. That's not my point though. What really upsets me is when I hear some of these things coming from people I know who claim to be Christians. They don't just claim to be Christians, I mean I know they are, but what they say certainly wouldn't make an outsider think that. The specific things I'm thinking of weren't even that bad if you were to rate them but they don't need to be said nonetheless. I admit I used to have a bad language problem. It's like i would turn it on and off though depending on who I was with. School friends, say whatever I please. Church, watch my mouth. So I'm no saint who's never uttered a bad word. That's who I used to be though not who I am now. "Be perfect, therefore, as Your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5:48 As Christians we are supposed to live our live in a way that represents Christ and brings glory to Him. This includes our actions, words, and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment