Sunday, August 16, 2009

Majesty (Here I am)

"Forever I am changed by Your love." God can show His love in so many ways. This summer I felt His love through 22 children.

Majesty (Here I Am)


Here I am humbled by your Majesty
Covered by Your grace so free
Here I am, knowing I'm a sinful man
Covered by the blood of the Lamb

Now I've found the greatest love of all is mine
Since You laid down your life
The greatest sacrifice

Majesty, Majesty
Your grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed, but alive in Your hands
Majesty, Majesty
Forever I am changed by Your love
In the presence of your Majesty

Here I am humbled by the love that You give
Forgiven so that I can forgive
Here I stand, knowing that I'm Your desire
Sanctified by glory and fire

Now I've found the greatest love of all is mine
Since You laid down your life
The greatest sacrifice

So I realize this song is more about the Lord's saving grace and love then what exactly I'm about to go on about but it's that one line, "Forever I am changed by Your love," that got to me two Sunday nights ago. It was my first Sunday back home and music was one of the things I began to start missing while I was gone. Anyways.

You might feel God's love through a certain individual. Maybe you feel it through nature, watching the sunrise or set, gazing at the vast amount of stars. This summer I felt God's love from a bunch of children. Not only the 22 kids at the children's home but also the kids in the villages. And the adults too. I'm not quite sure yet how they've changed me, but they have.

I never thought it was going to be so hard telling the children bye. I thought that right as we were leaving it might really hit and there'd be a few tears shed and that'd be it. Quite to the contrary though! There were very few dry eyes as we all spoke and said goodbye. I can't forget the tears streaming down all the girls' faces. Marget and Jened crying as they both held on to me and I to them. Jeni and the sweet note she gave me. The two bracelets Jeni gave me and the one bracelet another girl gave me, I believe it was Dede but I'm not sure and it kills me that I can't remember which girl gave it to me. What little they had they're willing to give away. (Speaking of giving away, I let them have the pictures I brought with me so your picture might now be in the hands of a child in Indonesia if I had a picture of you with me :) I'm getting off topic though.) Even some of the boys trying not to let their emotions show. Even remembering it now it is still heartbreaking.

A few nights before we were to leave I was wondering what did I actually do there? What difference or impact did my being there have? I struggled with this a lot actually. And then one night when I was in the room by myself Amena and Dede came, armed with just a traveler's English/Indonesian dictionary, to talk with me. We talked as much as we could about various things for quite a while. Dede drew an imaginary line down from my forehead, pointed to one side of me and said, "America," then pointed to the other side and said,"Indonesia."

Whether I ever figure it out or not the kids, or at least some of them, saw something more in me then what I could see. And it's that love I felt from them, that even if I don't fully understand, has somehow in someway changed me.


No comments:

Post a Comment